Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blue colored glass

Blue colored glass 

Blue Colored Glass
Blue Painted Glass Bowl with Decorative Eggs


I grew up in a Tudor style house that was decorated with a fair amount of style and lots of colored glass.  The colored glass sat on the covered radiators near the paned glass windows and on the modern glass coffee table.  When hit by the light the pieces of colored glass which were grouped in clusters would spin the light like the action in a pinball machine or like the bright lights of the advertisements on the streets of Tokyo day and night. The eye is mesmerized by the dancing light caught in the brightness of clear primary colors.  In that spirit when my childhood home was sold and some items distributed I was happy to take claim to one piece of cobalt blue colored glass shaped as a tulip lipped vase.  I have not used it for flowers since the purpose of the glass is better fulfilled in the void of an emptiness waiting each day to catch the light.  This spirit of "color" love has been passed along in my family. Thus I also included in the photos in this post a recent gift from my younger sister of European painted glass filled with decorated blue eggs.  These are small mementos of beauty in a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment